James Lavelle has worked over two decades as a writer, artist and curator, establishing himself in the UK and overseas most predominantly through his electronic collaborative project, Unkle. Now, Lavelle returns with Unkle’s fifth studio album, The Road Part 1, out June 23rd on Pod via Inertia Music.
Teaming up with long-time collaborator Mark Lanegan for the new single “Looking For The Rain”, Lavelle conducts a brooding, electronic track that grows tentatively with swampy guitars and tension-building strings.
The new album will see Unkle collaborating with a colourful range of musicians, including London folk-rock artist and poet Keaton Henson, Primal Scream‘s Andrew Innes, The Duke Spirit‘s Leila Moss and ESKA. Lavelle holds collaboration close to the heart of the new album, commenting “I hadn’t made a record in a while, and the incarnation of UNKLE had changed in that now, it was me on my own. For that reason, I wanted to make a record that I hadn’t been able to before, going back to the roots of where I came from, with a foot in modern London.”
Pre-order The Road Part 1 HERE and check out the track-listing below!
The Road Part 1
1. Iter I: Have You Looked at Yourself
2. Farewell (feat. YSÉE, ESKA, Elliott Power, Keaton Henson, Liela Moss, Mïnk, Dhani Harrison & Steven Young)
3. Looking For The Rain (feat. Mark Lanegan & Eska)
4. Cowboys or Indians (feat. Elliott Power, MÏNK & YSÉE)
5. Iter II: How Do You Feel
6. Nowhere To Run/Bandits
7. Iter III: Keep on Runnin
8. Stole Enough (feat. Mïnk)
9. Arms Length (feat. Elliott Power, Mïnk & Callum Finn)
10. Iter IV: We Are Stardust
11. Sonata (feat. Keaton Henson)
12. The Road (feat. ESKA)
13. Iter V: Friend or Foe
14. Sunrise (Always Comes Around) (feat. Liela Moss)
15. Sick Lullaby (feat. Keaton Henson)